Monday, November 29, 2004

Before I Crash

I don't know what has been keeping me going these last three weeks. I know I'm sleep deprived after that sinus infection that took me two full weeks to kick. Then I get into a little 'spat' with my new housemate and didn't sleep well last Tuesday; followed that by a late night on Wednesday in which we talked about (and resolved) our issues and problems and I didn't go to bed until after midnight. Followed by getting up early on Thanksgiving morning to go over the river and through the woods ...

... no nap on Thanksgiving day, and this following a four hour drive and turkey. No nap on Friday; regular bedtime. Saturday had a four hour drive to return home followed by almost eight hours of quality time with the housemate (he missed me after all) and me not going to bed until 1:30 a.m. or so. Followed by getting up early yesterday and then going back to bed at 9:00 a.m. and sleeping again until 11:30. I did sleep fairly well last night, but woke up with a headache. How's that for a kick in the pants?

I wouldn't say I've been getting a lot done at work today, but I've been trying to chip away at things. I'm rehearsing for my interview on Wednesday in my head. Told my boss about it this morning and he feigned interest until I pointed out that it wasn't a company foundation I was interviewing at - it's a $200 million donor-directed fund. Suddenly he realizes that this is big-time stuff. I know he'll give me a good recommendation, but it was like suddenly he realized "Shit, she may actually be going on to bigger and better things!"

Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment