Thursday, November 04, 2004

Frost On The Pumpkin

Last night we got our first hard frost.

It was 26 degrees when I woke up this morning. It was an interesting walk to work. The leaves have been falling fairly steadily, but last night's frost really brought things down. Some trees had green leaves that just dropped. As I was walking down the street and through the alley on my normal route, I could hear the leaves falling like rain. And there were puddles of leaves at the base of some of the trees. I ran into Ed the maintenance man for the apartment building next to my office, and we walked the last block together. He pointed out the ginko leaves and mentioned that they were green just the other day. Now they are yellow and most of them are on the ground.

Winter is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment