Sunday, March 28, 2004

"You Are Fired You Minute Hoarding Clock Watcher"

For those of you who missed the first post, here's a link.

Still feeling a bit out of sorts and unsettled, but dealing with it quite nicely. I decided to do away with the bad habit of hacking the Ex's email. I wasn't finding much of interest and it's just not healthy. So what if he hasn't bothered to read the e-card I sent? So what if he's gone on with his life? (Or has he? From what I can tell, he's just repeating the life he led with me. First the trip to DisneyWorld, the getaway weekend to Montreal, and now a trip to see the aunt and uncle in Maryland ... he's just repeating the life we had. Ew.) What matters is what I do with mine.

So yesterday after the dreaded bridal shower I went to the gym and worked up a sweat. Same thing this morning. Followed that with an hour and a half of yard work - trimming shrubs and raking some leaves. Dropped the size 8 formal gowns at the consignment shop. Did a load of laundry. Got about a third of the way through that six inch stack of paperwork that needs to be filed (mostly in the circular file). Posted my resume on monster.com. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but who knows what might come my way.

I think it's time for me to find that 'second career.' The thing that I LOVE and that is fulfilling even if the paycheck isn't as good. I'm single and unattached - if there was ever a time for me to take a risk, it's now. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment