Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Don't Read Anything Into This

So I'm in the car with Phil, waiting in line at the McDonalds drive-thru, and somewhat out of the blue he says, "Don't read anything into this, but can you recommend a divorce attorney?"

It was sort of deja vu all over again. Didn't I give him some referrals last summer when his wife first announced she wanted a separation? No matter, I told him what/who I know and left it at that. I was, of course, dying to ask all sorts of questions, but I told him a long time ago that I wouldn't pry but I would always listen whenever he wanted to talk or just blow off steam. Besides, he probably wouldn't have told me anyway.

5:15 p.m. Wow, it's after 5:00 and it's still daylight. There is some light at the end of this winter tunnel after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment