Monday, February 09, 2004

Focus!

Having a hard time concentrating at work today. The good news is that I have a kick-ass trip planned for later this week. The bad news is that I have a kick-ass trip planned for later this week. Preparing for a trip can be hell, especially when you've got something going on every night after work. I'm just whining ...

So did I tell you that I still read the Ex's email? There, I've said it. I still read his email and he doesn't know. In some ways, I feel I'm entitled. After all, he invaded my privacy by reading my journal back in 1996, and then followed that up by reading my email in 1999 ... I learned from the master.

One of these days, though, I've got to stop doing it. It's not healthy. And besides, most of the time it's not all that interesting. Sort of lends credence to Mary's observation that he lacks depth. He gets the occasional email joke from his mom, his aunt or his boating buddy. Once a month he gets an online billing notification from the cell phone company (haven't been able to crack into that account) and he's on his fraternity listserv. Only rarely does the girlfriend email him anymore - presumably because they see each other regularly.

Reading his email is the only way I knew that he'd taken a new job - let's see, that's the second move in just a little (under?) a year. He's still searching for something and I don't know what it is. And I have to ask - do I care?

No comments:

Post a Comment