Thursday, February 26, 2004

Still Searching

For a perfect pair of red shoes. Strolled around Manhattan this morning with no luck. I can't believe the major department stores don't open until 10:00 a.m. I had seen a pair in Lord & Taylor's when I was down here a few weeks ago, but didn't feel like/have time to try them on then. I walked past L&T this morning at 9:45 and they weren't open yet, so I just walked back to the hotel and got ready to check out. I wanted to hit the road by 11:00 and their not being open (didn't they know I was ready willing and able to make the purchase if they had my size) put me in a bit of a grumpy mood. It didn't help that I didn't have my ear muffs and scarf and the wind was just a bit too nippy.

And I struck out at Roosevelt Field just now too. Nothing in Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Nine West or any other store that struck my fancy. But I did pick up some Clinique - it's Bonus Time! I think I have only bought one tube of Clinique lipstick in my life. The rest I get in the bonus packages and for the most part, I can use them. Some people don't find the shades to their liking, but they usually suit me just fine. Also bought some ridiculously expensive loose tea. I gotta hand it to the sales woman - she reeled me in. I hope she works on commission because if she does she's making a shitload of money.

[Side Note: What is with this supposed high-speed internet connection? I have another window open and nothing is loading.]

As I was strolling around I wondered if I would run into anyone I knew. Hey - it could happen. I know quite a few people from college who live down here, and the Ex has some aunts/uncles/cousins down here too. I was imagining the scene in my head.

"MaryEllen? Is that you? It's me, Kenna, Ex's ... well, ex-wife."

I read this in someone else's blog and didn't think to blogroll it at the time (actually, I think it was pre-blogroll). What is it about your ex in-laws? I thought they liked me and cared about me for me - not just because I was married to Ex. It's like an unspoken part of the settlement agreement - never will my family contact you again. Even if they think you are the most beautiful, kind, caring and intelligent woman when you are married to Ex, as soon as you split - you're persona non-grata.

[Damn - I think I lost my internet connection - nothing will load on the other line. I hope I can salvage this before trying to post and then losing everything I've entered. Yes indeed, it looks like I am now longer connected. Saving to word document...quit the browser, restarted, still no connection. Now I need to set around and wait for engineering to come to my room. I should use this break to do some work...]

5:00 No work done. Just found out there is a f@cking hockey game (Islanders v. Rangers) at the Coliseum next door and so I can't make a reservation for my party of eight. Bite me. It's bad enough that we are all meeting for the first time and no one knows anyone else, now I may have to say, "okay, now let's all get in our cars and drive over to this restaurant so we can actually sit down and talk to each other." Granted, the restaurant is only a mile away, but again these folks are just meeting each other for the first time, they will have been working all day and driving around trying to find a place that will accommodate a party of eight is just going to be a royal pain in the ass.

And oh yeah - my feet are sweating and stinky. Icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment