Sunday, February 29, 2004

Random

The boy next door is going to Florida to visit his folks for three weeks. He's taking the bus. Only $158 round-trip. Thirty-six hours on the bus but he's 'retired' so he's got time to kill.

Painted the other 2 1/2 doors this afternoon. You can tell they only put one coat of paint on, and they didn't even bother to sand some of them. But they were only upstairs doors where the help would be staying. It's not like they (the owners of the house I'm renting) have to look at them the one month out of the year that they actually live here.

I feel like there was something I was supposed to do this weekend that I've forgotten to do.

Today is my cousin Jim's birthday. He's a leap year baby - one in 200,000. A couple of my radio clocks also have the date on them and they aren't programmed for leap year. Oh well, I don't look to the clock to find out what day it is anyway.

Yesterday I felt really energized after working out in the morning. I wasn't even tired when I went to bed and I didn't fall asleep right away. Today I feel sluggish. Not enough cardio in this morning's workout? Too much sitting on the couch today? Both? Really don't want to go to work tomorrow. I have plenty of things I could be doing around here:

* finish painting the doors and trim
* paint and put together the cubes I bought at Target
* copy those recipes for Ann that she asked for back in October
* keep working on cleaning out the clutter in the spare bedroom (Michelle will be staying in there when she comes up in a few weeks)
* clear the clutter out of the owner's suite
* take down the artificial garlands and wreaths that are still hanging up
* throw away the dead plants on the porch and sweep/mop out there
* paint the basement entryway

Hmm...maybe the list wasn't as long as I thought it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment