Sunday, May 01, 2005

Ground Zero

As my audio post indicated, I was in NYC last week. While there, I visited Ground Zero and I was surprised at the sudden and strong emotions I felt. I felt this wave of grief and sadness, and tears sprang to my eyes. I took a few photos of the site and the surrounding buildings - this one came out especially well, I thought:



If you follow the link, you'll see a few of the other shots I took as well.

It's official - I am on vacation! I am not required to show up at the office tomorrow morning. Instead, I'll get up and go to the gym, and then, depending on the weather, will do some yard work. I'm scheduled to have lunch with my friend Beth and her two young daughters at 12:30 and then I will be stopping by the office before my yoga class to ask my boss to foot the bill for that silly aptitude testing I took last week.

I don't know why I didn't ask him to do so sooner. I guess maybe I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing he'd helped me in some way. But I didn't learn anything new (except that I have exceptional skills when it comes to discerning pitch - despite being told by my friend Diane years ago that I was tone deaf) and the tests just confirmed what I already knew - I need to find a job where I can utilize my writing skills and where I can work collaboratively with others.

As for using the writing skills - did I tell you that I am now the back-up society columnist for my local newspaper? My first assignment was last night, and I submitted the article a few hours ago. Not a job, just a sideline, but I won't turn down the $50 they are going to pay me for the article. Not to mention the fact that I got paid to go to a party ... as Scooterdeb would say, "w00t!"

No comments:

Post a Comment