Wednesday, May 11, 2005

On Vacation: Day Eight

Slept fairly well last night, but was awake by 7:00 a.m. Checked some email and took my time waking up and then went to the gym. Then I hit the tanning booth and picked up some photos at the drugstore and came home and had a leisurely breakfast around 10:00 a.m.

Phil fired up the lawnmower and I mowed the lawn and then tackled the back beds. Still lots of leaves to be raked before I can put down fresh mulch. Came in a while ago and showered. Was lounging around in my silk pj's when I heard a knock on the door. Thought it was the unemployed boy next door, so I answered it only to find one of the city's finest public works employees. What a thrill for him! They just wanted to let me know that I need to put my yard debris in a container instead of leaving it loose in the street. A little change in the rules, but I can deal.

I have my monthly women's group meeting tonight, so I'm getting ready for that. Wanted to do a lot more in the yard, but there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment