Wednesday, May 25, 2005

On Vacation: Day Eighteen

Today was an interesting day. Went to the gym in the morning, and then came home and made some phone calls. Had to round up a date for Friday night's black-tie event, and ended up shagging snagging my financial advisor. Of course he owns his own tux. He's going to be blown away when he sees me in that lavendar gown. Will do my damndest to get a pic of that.

Went shopping this afternoon. Needed to pick up my charm bracelet at the jewelers, and while I was at the mall I decided to look for some silver hoop earrings. Happened upon a 50% off sale, and with the in-store coupon, got an additional 15% off. Ended up getting five pairs of earrings and two costume cocktail rings for less than $50. Not bad.

Then, when I picked up the charm bracelet, they mentioned the re-setting event they are having tomorrow. I joked that I had a lovely engagement ring in my jewelry box that I no longer wore. And then I realized I wasn't joking. I've been thinking about having that diamond reset for a long time now. I think I'm going to do it.

It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment