Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Positive Reinforcement

Day Two of my vacation:

Sleep in until 7:30 a.m.
Check email, have breakfast, wash my face
10:00 - dentist appointment
10:30 - to the gym
12:15 - home for shower and lunch; check email again
3:00 - go to the office (what?!? I thought I was on vacation!) Talk to boss about the company paying for those aptitude tests I took last week, do some follow up on the visits I made.

One of those pieces of follow up was sending digital photos to the guy I photographed on Friday. I also took the opportunity to tell him I was leaving the company. His reply?

"Thanks for the photos and I'm sorry that it didn't work at [the company] but frankly, I think you have too much talent and will thrive if given an opportunity elsewhere."

Following that, I got another email from someone else I met with while on the business trip to NYC and that person asked for the company president's email address so he could send a note. Not that it would make a difference at this point, and not that they could pay me enough to stay on, but it's just nice to know that this person thinks so highly of me that he is willing to send a note to the company president.

All in all, a very good day. Can't wait for Day Three of my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment