Thursday, May 05, 2005

On Vacation: Day Four

Despite staying up until midnight last night, I was up and at 'em at 6:45 this morning. Continued picking up my bedroom and then off to the gym for an 8:30 pilates class. After that, tanning and a stop at the motor vehicles office to pick up a copy of my driving record. I need to submit it in order to plead out my speeding ticket by mail.

When I got home, I iced my knee for about a half hour and read a few chapters of a book. Then, the first sign of trouble in paradise. I wandered next door to chat with the unemployed boy and ask if he wanted to go out for happy hour with me. Can you believe he said no? I've never heard this man turn down a chance to drink beer! The girlfriend is having an odd effect on him. He's all proper and tame. Damn - just when I needed a playmate!

I don't know who I'm going to get to go out to the Cinco de Mayo party with me tonight. Phil said he would go out, but then he mucked it up by saying his girlfriend wants to tag along - I don't mind do I? Of course I fucking mind, you fucking idiot! It's MY fucking birthday celebration and I DON'T want to share it with your Barbie-doll girlfriend. Men are so oblivious.

Not going to let it bother me. Just going to dress myself up, drive myself out and have a fantastic time. But first - yardwork. More later.

12:30 UPDATE: Oh. My. God. Just when I think my life has taken the last twist and turn, there's another curve in the road. Turns out that not having a playmate for happy hour is a good thing. I just got a call asking me to cover an event for the paper. Fancy dinner at a really charming building in the middle of the park downtown. From 6:00 - 9:00 which will still allow me to go out to the Cinco de Mayo party I wanted to hit. And that's to my visit to the consignment shop yesterday, I have just the thing to wear! No one needs to know that I'm wearing someone else's castoffs.

Can you believe it? It just keeps getting better. I'm waiting for that other shoe to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment