Thursday, May 19, 2005

On Vacation: Day Fourteen

Good grief - am I really already on my third week of vacation? What do I have to show for it?

I've been keeping busy, but without a schedule and deadlines, I find myself wandering from task to task. Like today.

Got up and went to the gym for a pilates class at 8:30.
Wandered home around 10:00 and by 10:30 was outside doing yardwork for the next two and a half hours.
I planted more myrtle and some white lamium that I picked up at the farmer's market yesterday.
Checked the climatis and trained it through the fence.
Pulled some weeds.
Fluffed/spruced the small bed by the gate.
Transplanted the campanula that was in the shade out back.
Mixed peat moss into the compost.
Came inside to check email and get some lunch.
Tried the taking of The Nap. (Not sure how well I did - layed down at 2:00 and got up at 3:00. Not sure if I actually slept because I was thinking about the webforwarding service that expired today because I didn't renew it and half expecting the phone to ring at just the wrong time.)
Turned on the computer to check email again, and invited Dr. Phil to join me in the background.

And here I am. Now watching Oprah - the topic today is the two-headed baby that survived being separated from her second parasitic head.

So much still to be done ... writing thank you notes for my birthday party, cleaning the porch, sorting through the boxes in the basement, writing the overdue profile that I promised my boss before starting to take my unused vacation time ... and the list goes on.

I need structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment