Friday, May 06, 2005

On Vacation: Day Five

It's going to be a long day.

Didn't get to bed until 12:30 or so. I was a little buzzed so I didn't fall asleep right away, and then I was awake at 5:00 a.m. Finally got up at 6:00 to get something to drink and have been up ever since. I'm trying to write this article, and it's slow going.

Just answered a knock on my door, and accepted a lovely bouquet of flowers from my friend in Seattle. What a great way to continue my birthday weekend celebration! And the party will continue tonight ... I'm not supposed to know about it, but there's going to be a party!

My friends Mary and Susan are supposedly taking me out to dinner, but I know that there is a surprise party for me. I saw an email message from the two of them to my mother - not the whole message, just the fact that she had something from them, and that got me wondering. Yesterday it was confirmed when I saw "Party for Kenna" written on my friend Lorrie's desk calendar.

I've been practicing my "I'm so surprised!" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment