Monday, May 30, 2005

Hoarding Postcards

As I was cleaning out my car (Trucklet) yesterday, I came across a plastic envelope with road maps. It seemed oddly thick, so I opened it up and discovered a bunch of postcards that I had purchased when on vacation the past few years.

I always buy postcards when I go somewhere - to give me something to remember the place by in case I don't get any good shots myself. My intention is to put them in a scrapbook/photo album.

I haven't put anything in a scrapbook or photo album since 1994.

So what was I thinking, continuing to buy these postcards? Shit like this is just weighing me down, man. I gotta travel light. So here's the deal. I've been On Vacation for twenty days. It just so happens that I have 20 postcards. I'm going to spend the next 20 days getting rid of these postcards:



Email me your address, and I'll send you one of these fine postcards. Even if you think I already have your address, send it to me anyway. First twenty respondants get a postcard and a shout on your special day.

Don't make me beg for addresses, folks. Just fork 'em over. It's not like Trucklet and I are going to show up on your doorstep. I'm too busy going to black-tie events and picking up local politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment