Saturday, July 17, 2004

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Had a work related coffee date this morning and walked downtown.  On my way back I saw my friend Beth out for a walk with her daughters who are coming up on their 1st and 3rd birthdays.  I rarely see Beth and the girls, even though they only live three blocks away.  What astounded and amazed me was that the three year old recognized me.  "There's Kenna!"  I was blown away.  I had seen her about a week ago, but certainly hadn't spent any time with her.  Just goes to show you the capacity kids have for learning. 
 
Am having cocktails with my good friend Mary and her husband, and then we are going to the ballet, weather permitting.  Susan was supposed to go with us, but she's begging off.  I'm debating whether I should invite the unemployed boy next door.  I think I will.
 
4:02 p.m.  Well, I extended the invite and he turned me down.  But I think I got points for asking, and he offered to help with the heavy lifting during my move tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment