Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Where Have All The Comments Gone?

Noticed that I'd had my 5,000th visitor and reviewed my SiteMeter stats to see who had been visiting and how they got here.  Noticed a google search on "fear not" that related back to a February post and followed it, and I realized that all my February comments are gone.

Is there some HaloScan statute of limitations that I'm not aware of?  Do comments disappear after X number of days?  If so, bummer.  Sometimes the comments are the best part of the blog!

In answer to my question:

A: All comments over four months old are archived for non-premium members. These comments are simply moved to a different database and are not deleted. This is done to keep the performance of the site at an acceptable level. This restriction does not apply to premium (upgraded) members.

No comments:

Post a Comment