Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Minor Inconveniences

So, what do you do when you get this error message popping up on your screen:

QTPlayer Tray Icon: qtask.exe - DLL initialization failed

You click okay and hope that it is.  Except the message comes back.  And then it multiplies and next thing you know you've got to click through it 12 times before it goes away but that only lasts a minute or two so you do it all over again and then finally you just reboot and everything is fine for a while but then - you guessed it - it starts all over again.  Went through this three times this morning and then said fuck it.  (Yes, you heard me - those were the actual words I used.)

I downloaded what I thought was a new version of QuickTime and went to install it.  But I was told that the version I had was even newer.  Went through the bullshit of clicking on error messages again and then said screw it.  Uninstalled QuickTime and installed 'new' version.  So far so good. 

Well, I did it.  I signed up for audioblogger.  Will try an audio post this afternoon.  Soon you'll be yearning for the mellifluous sound of my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment