Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Timing Is Everything

Was on the road today and had two very strange things happen to me. I finished my lunch appointment and was sitting in the car attempting to call my next appointment. Got his voicemail and started leaving a message but heard a strange beeping noise. Left the message, and then saw that I had a missed call. Turns out we were trying to call each other at the same time and the beeping noise I heard was call waiting. Not that I would know how to use it ... I happen to think call waiting is rude.

Then, after my second appointment I was pulling out of the parking lot to head home when the phone rang. This freaked me out because I certainly wasn't expecting any calls. It was the unemployed boy next door. I don't even remember giving him this cell phone number. It's my work phone, and I only have the phone with me when I'm on the road. But apparently I had given him the number. He wanted to know if I wanted to go to dinner, but I was still two hours from home and so I took a rain check.

Pretty freaky that these two calls came at exactly the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment