Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Busted

My internet connection seems to be down today; can't even get dictionary.com to load. Amazingly enough, I can pull pages using the Lotus Notes web browser (which I hate for a variety of reasons, but today it's my hero).

Was supposed to dine with Larry again on Friday, but a work trip has suddenly come up so he had to cancel. He apologized and said "now I really owe you" and I assured him that I couldn't wait to see how he would make it up to me. No pressure there!

Still, I'm troubled. I know the phrase is quickly becoming overused, but I really feel like he's "just not that into" me. He's still got his profile up on match.com and I can tell that he's logging in on a regular basis. Today I noticed that he's added a new photo. Obviously, for him, the search continues.

But you know what? That's okay. Really, I'm okay with it. Just underscores what I've been telling myself all along - the only one who's gonna take care of you is you. Sure, it would be nice to have a deeper relationship, but it's not like I lack for relationships in my life. After all, just yesterday I had a lovely lunch in the park with the Unemployed Boy Next Door. On Saturday I'm going to a party with my faithful sidekick Susan.

I'm too busy to sit around feeling sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment