Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I'm So Pathetic

I keep looking longingly at my monitor, hoping that wishing will make it so ... I want some damn email from Larry!

Haven't heard from him since our dinner date on Friday. Sent him a breezy note Sunday evening and so far, no reply. Not too obsessive here - after all, I did send it to his home email ... maybe he's been busy and hasn't checked it? Maybe he's just not that into me. No, that can't be it! Chances are, the poor boy is actually working for a living, unlike me, blogging "On Company Time."

I actually really hate knowing that I'm so caught up in this guy that I'm sitting around, waiting for the next contact. And I hate even more that I'm admitting it to you ... part of the reason I started that infamous other blog (I know, Deb, you told me to stop mentioning it). Because I'm not the kind of person that has to have someone in her life. I can get along just fine by myself, thank you very much. It's the rush, the excitement of something new and different that I get off on. The anticipation, having something to look forward to.

Was out of the office all day yesterday and am catching up on a few things today. Need to pull out the cover letter I wrote over the weekend and get that in the mail.

Next up: waiting to see if Phil wants to have lunch ... I gotta come up with better ways to waste my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment