Thursday, June 23, 2005

On Vacation: Day Thirty-Eight

So much to do. So little time.

I'm having a party on Saturday, and there's still much to be done:

1) mow the lawn (thanks to the UBND!)
2) set up the canopy
3) buy beer, water and soda at beverage store
4) pull out recipes and make shopping list for BJ's and grocery store
5) actually go to BJ's and grocery store
6) change sheets in guest room
7) hose off front porch
8) make more ice
9) finish moving mulch
10) hose off and put away tarp (thanks again to the UBND - and his lady friend)
11) hose off porch windows and sidewalk
12) wash/set out martini glasses
13) print out martini recipe on clear labels for postcards

Actually, as far as prep work goes, it's not too bad. And I do have two and a half days to do it. Of course, once I get the groceries, most of Saturday will be dedicated to food prep. And I plan on going to the Chamber mixer tonight. And tomorrow is the annual day at the lake. Eh, I'll manage.

It's supposed to get up to 94 degrees on Saturday, so I'm trying to make sure I have lots of non-alcoholic beverages on hand. I think I'll get some popsicles - will make for great candids ... me and all my girlfriends in our little red dresses sucking on cherry popsicles so our tongues will be bright red too ... your heart skipped a beat just imagining that didn't it?

Wait until I post the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment