Thursday, June 02, 2005

On Vacation: Day Twenty-Three

How did I ever find time to work?

Up early, to the gym and then the tanning booth. Took Trucklet to the car wash because she was covered in pollen and tree sap. Then to the post office, again, because I needed a special stamp to mail today's postcard to Bushra. I have to admit, I don't read Bushra's blog on a regular basis (that's why she's in My Seasonal Closet). But I'm impressed that she has her own domain name and that she hosts her own blog. I also love her photos. Add in the fact that she's a member of Team Brian and well ... the girl is just too cool.

Bushra - today it's all about you, girlfriend. Enjoy it, because tomorrow, it's all about Nita.

Moved another 9 loads of mulch today. I'm up to 33 loads. And it looks like there's still another 33 loads in the pile. Help! I had to come in for a late lunch and to cool off. It's finally warm and sunny and nealy 80 degrees today. So I really shouldn't have been out there working in the middle of the day, but since when do I do the logical thing?

Now don't lecture me, but I'm about to do something wild and crazy. I'm going to get on a plane and go to a distant city with a man that I met yesterday. We've been corresponding for several weeks and we met for the first time last night. He had mentioned that he was going to this city for a conference, and it's a city I've never been to, and I really want to go, so I just asked if I could tag along and he said yes and I came home and booked my ticket and I fly out on Monday.

Don't tell my mom, 'k?

No comments:

Post a Comment