Wednesday, June 22, 2005

On Vacation: Day Thirty-Seven

I'm starting to feel better. Throat not quite as scratchy; glands not as swollen. But my feet are killing me. Was wearing red pumps without stockings yesterday and developed a HUGE blister on one foot. Changed shoes for the party I went to in the evening, but they weren't much better. It was a long, full day.

Not quite sure what to do with myself today. I don't have any obligations or commitments. Wait - shoot. Cynthia will be stopping by around 11:30. She's into yet another business venture and she wants me to try some new skin-care/cosmetics line. Ugh. But other than that, the day is mine. I'd say I was going to get out there and do yard work, but it's unexpectedly overcast. Not a problem - plenty of picking up and cleaning to do here in the house.

I've just about run out of people to send postcards to, but I think I will drop one in the mail to Amanda today. She didn't ask for one, but since we did a package exchange last fall (the "National Potato Month" compilation is one of my favorites, Amanda!) I have her address. I only recently saw that she has paused her blogging activity. I imagine that one day it will happen to me too ... life will get in the way of my little online fantasy world.

But not until September.

11:49 a.m. I impress myself. Just looked up Amanda's address. On my iPod. I finally was able to download my Palm contacts into the iPod - once I downloaded and installed the PalmPod freeware. I had tried just exporting the vcards as per the iPod instructions, but I kept getting only the first record. After trolling through the iPodlounge, found a note saying "oh yeah - you need to edit out blank lines in order to download all your contacts." Couldn't figure out/didn't want to fart around with that, so I went to Palm instead. After a little searching there, found a note from this guy who created the PalmPod program (with the helpful note that I should first update my Palm software) and in short order - I had my contacts in my iPod. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment