Tuesday, June 07, 2005

On Vacation: Day Twenty-Six

Hello, everyone - greetings from New Orleans! Wow - I'm actually on vacation. Not sure what I'm going to do today. My companion is attending a conference, so he's in meetings all day. I can feel free to roam about the city ... let's see, which mailbox shall I use to send this lovely postcard to Jenica?

Despite the appearance of this post, I want to confess that I did not take my laptop with me to New Orleans. Instead, I prepared drafts in advance and I've asked Jenica to post for me each day. As I mentioned last week, John Strain was one of the first blogs I found when I started this thing about a year and a half ago. Jenica was the second. I was amazed at how prolific she was - so many posts on so many different topics. And she's smart - like blow me away smart. Like John, I was impressed with the fact that Jenica used her real name. And she lives and works in a tiny college town not too far away from me, and I felt like we had a lot in common. If I'd ever had a little sister, I would want it to be someone like Jenica.

So when it came time to entrust these important blog posts to someone, I thought of her. Thanks so much - Jenica. I owe you one. Hey - want to come to my party on June 25? Your Evite has already been sent. I hope you come - I know that I would enjoy meeting you and Drew.

That's all for today - be sure to tune in tomorrow when I tell you all about Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment