Thursday, April 08, 2004

Conversation With Susan

ME: decided to hold out and have not applied for the job back home. After having lunch with Mary and talking about all the changes I've already made in my life, I realized that many of the changes have been a result of running away from problems. If I applied for the job back home, I'd just be running away from dealing with the real issue which is - am I in the right field? Yes, I could easily transfer my focus to [job I decided not to apply for] but is that really what I want to do?

I don't know the answers, and that scares the living daylights out of me, but I don't need to be in a rush. I need to take my time, evaluate my interests and skills, decide how I want to make a living, and then pursue suitable opportunities. And the other thing I decided was that I was going to focus my efforts in this area through the end of the year. If I don't find anything by the end of the year, then I will broaden my job search to other locations. But first, I need to decide WHAT I want to do.

SUSAN: Sounds like an excellent plan. The hardest part is figuring out what you want to be when you grow up. I still don't know, so don't feel badly if it isn't crystal clear to you either. Besides, any plan that will keep you in this area is a good one as far as I'm concerned.

[This post brought to you by virtue of the fact that I just set up a work-related appointment and I felt the need to congratulate myself by doing something personal on company time.]

No comments:

Post a Comment