Monday, April 05, 2004

Oy Vey

It's a good thing I have 15 months to find a new job because at this rate it will take me that long.

There is just TOO MUCH INFORMATION out there. And not enough of what I need. I'm trolling the internet and scanning currently available jobs. I've mentioned my need/desire for a job change to several friends and acquaintances, and some offered good support, others said "mortgage broker? You don't want to be a mortgage broker!" I don't know if I do -- don't know if I don't.

I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I think I am slowly starting to narrow down and focus. I mean, I know I don't want something in the medical field. Don't have the background. Don't have the desire to go back and get the needed background. Cross that off the list.

I think there are two things I need to keep in mind:

1) I need to be honest with myself about my interests, aptitudes and skills
2) I need to work my network; talk to someone who will introduce me to someone who just might have the perfect position for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment