Friday, March 12, 2004

Being A Couch Potato

I think I'm just going to sit here on the couch and veg out for the rest of the night. It's cold, I'm tired -- and there's no place I'd rather be. So kick off your shoes and relax because who knows how long we'll be here.

.... So I'm watching an early episode (# 7, I've discovered) of "Melrose Place." I must have missed the first season or something because I don't remember the Sandy and Rhonda characters played by Amy Locane and Vanessa Williams (the actress, not the singer - the Vanessa Williams you're thinking of (former dethroned Miss America) is Vanessa L. Williams) at all.

.... So I got a Christmas card from my cousin Lew today. He and his wife had their first child just before Christmas and things have been hectic for the last three months. I gotta tell you, as much as I love email, there's nothing like checking your mailbox and finding a personal note or card.

.... So have you seen the new Pier One ads starring Queer Eye for the Straight Guy Thom Filicia? Thank God they finally dumped Kirstie Alley. She was just bad. And fat. But here's the thing ... I wonder if Thom is really gay. I think he's just masquarading as a queer, don't you? I can see the scandal now.

.... So my nose is cold; does that mean I'm healthy? Or does that only apply to dogs? My condolences, by the way, to Frilly Panties who apparently is dog sitting and not enjoying it. Can't say that I blame her; not much of a dog lover myself.

.... So I'm still hungry even though I pigged out on pasta. I probably should get up off the couch and go watch last night's episode of "Will and Grace" while walking on the treadmill. Or not. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I'll be lucky if I empty the dishwasher and put away my clean clothes before going to bed tonight. And I'm okay with that. Well, maybe I'll pay my bills online too. I haven't balanced my checkbook in like, years, but I don't need to because I can access my checking account online any time. I have a fairly large cushion in the account and as long as I can see that there aren't any unauthorized charges, what does it matter if I have any outstanding checks or if I add in the piddly little bit of interest they pay me? Luckily, unlike the petite overweight young woman in my office, I'm not living paycheck to paycheck. And don't think I'm being mean or nasty to her, because I do remember what it was like starting out, and I do remember money being tight. I just happen to think I handled it better than she does.

.... So I finally downloaded and installed the Google toolbar and what do you know? They have a built-in pop-up blocker. How do you like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment