Friday, March 26, 2004

What Up With That?

I tend to tune into FX on the weekends, and they've got this little self-promoting thing where they play a jingle and run a strip across the bottom of the screen reminding you of what's coming up next, subliminally begging you not to change the channel. I was aware of it, but not swayed by it.

Now I see that NBC is doing the same thing during the Today show, and quite frankly, I find it annoying. I watch the Today show and the Today show only. They don't need to worry about me changing the channel. But I only watch/listen between 7:00 - 8:30, after that, sorry folks - but I've got to go to work. I don't want to know what or who is coming up next if I won't be there to see it! Plus - they promo something that's not really coming up next - it's in the next 45 minutes to an hour away.

Guess I just have to remember that I'm in control of the remote, and it includes a button that will actually turn the television off. Maybe then I'll be able to read beyond the first three chapters of the book that's been on my nightstand for a month now.

No comments:

Post a Comment