Sunday, March 21, 2004

Blind Date

Yup, I got me one in about an hour and a half. A very nice gentleman I've been corresponding with for the last few weeks. I'm a bit nervous - mostly afraid that he'll really like me and want to see me again. I'd like to have a gentleman friend, but on my terms. No, it's not as harsh as it sounds. It's just that I'm getting accustomed to being on my own, living by myself, not being responsible for any one else's happiness. Good grief, I can barely manage my own. Actually, this is something that we've touched on in our correspondence - we're both a little settled in our ways.

The good news is he lives about an hour and a half north of here, so there won't be any last minute phone calls or unexpected drop by visits. If we do decide to see each other it will have to be an effort on both our parts. I think it's going to be an enjoyable evening - only downside? Tomorrow is Monday and I have to go to work. I really need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment