Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Crying My Eyes Out

You should have seen me slicing those onions last night. I had a red onion for the spinach salad and a sweet onion for the chicken stuffed with carmelized onions and brie. No real problems with the red onion - just sliced some thin rings. And I didn't think the sweet onion would be a problem, but I must have gotten one good squirt because my eyes were really watering. And one eye is all puffy this morning - you know, like I'd had a good long crying jag. I'm glad I started last night because I was working pretty steadily for almost three hours!

And then I realized that if I'm home cooking this dinner tonight, I can't go to they gym after work. So it was up at 5:30 a.m. (!) and off to the gym. I had such a good workout on Sat and then when I ultimately didn't make it to the gym on Sunday I felt that I needed to get a workout in today in order to maintain my momentum.

And for those of you who are salivating, here's tonight's dinner menu:

- spinach salad with mandarin oranges and almonds with a red wine vinaigrette
- chicken stuffed with carmelized onions and brie
- roasted green beans
- homemade banana pecan bread

and the piece de resistance:

cream puffs with sorbet floating in a pool of Irish Cream Chocolate Sauce

Will let you know how it turns out.

P.S. Decided that the onions would keep nicely on the back porch instead of the fridge. Good thing - they are pungent!

No comments:

Post a Comment