Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Dodging Bullets

Whew. I'm off the hook for the time being. Doctor doesn't want to commit to a diagnosis of hypertension just yet, so he wants me to keep exercising and in a few weeks he's going to fit me with an ambulatory blood pressure monitor that will take a reading every 20 minutes. That way he'll have a clear and accurate view of my pressure throughout the day. Other than a family history (thanks again, mom and dad!)I don't have any other indicators, and since it's elevated but not through the roof, the good doctor is willing to take a "wait and see" attitude. I really did not want to commit to taking medication for the rest of my life...

In other news, there is no other news. We'll interrupt your regularly scheduled programming should something occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment