Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Rain Will Fall

If I had a weather pixie she'd be doing a little happy dance in her bikini.

And three hours later she would have been thoroughly soaked again. It POURED again. The drains on the corner of my street get backed up, and there was nearly a foot of water in the street. When it stopped, I went out and tried to pull the debris off the drains, but the pipes were so full it still took half an hour to drain.

The unemployed boy next door took pity on me and we went to a sports bar for dinner. He's an odd duck, that one. Very direct and matter of fact. He doesn't ask if he can come back to my place, he announces "Now, the perfect way to end this dinner is to go back to your place for a cup of tea and perhaps some ice cream." Yeah, okay, I think there's some sorbet in there, but I don't know how old it is. It was unopened, and I didn't tell him that it had been there since last summer.

It felt like I didn't sleep at all last night. I swear my heart was racing. Don't know why. Got up and came to work with the intention of going home sick later on. If the weather clears, I'm definitely taking half a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment